Nuts and Bolts
The Robotics Newsletter
Hello, Iron Pack!
Welcome to the first of what I hope will be regular newsletters. I will be sending them by e-mail once I gather parents’ addresses. (Parents, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so I have your e-mail.) I want our Robotics page to be a robust, informative site, and I welcome any suggestions for content you would like to see.
I’m proud to say that our home competition on February 11 was a huge success, due in large part to the support of all the “Robo-Parents.” Thank you to everyone who volunteered.
Thank you to the Vex students who volunteered their time to help the Vex IQ teams with their builds. Those middle school students are our future!
There was a lot of interest in ordering shirts for States. I spoke with our vendor, and that is simply not possible in two weeks. I have about 5 of the grey pullovers (all XL) which I will sell for $15. I also have tons of the grey NFCS Robotics T-shirts in all sizes, which I will give away for free to anyone going to States. I’m currently working on gear for next year, so stay tuned!
- March 3: PLTW Field Trip to Comcast
- March 4: States. Be at NFCS by 6am.
- March 9: STEM Night, 5pm – 7pm in the K-8 Building. We are not dragging the field across the street, but I want one or two robots (and their drivers) to demonstrate carrying field elements around. This will flesh out a slideshow of the Vex program. That same day, I need 1-2 programmers to work with the JV Robotics programmers for about an hour at dismissal.
- March 11: Clothing Drive, 8:30 – 10am. All hands on deck!
- March 17: Sixers Robotics Day. Sixers Registration Forms, Permissing Slips, and $25 per person (student or adult) are due to Mrs. Costello by February 27.
- March 22: Robot Disassembly and Game Release (DAGR) Party, time TBD.
- March 30: Vex Team Awards Night, 5pm.