NFCS Garden Mission
The NFCS Garden’s purpose is to serve as a resource for learning and to outreach into the surrounding community. By providing opportunities for students to engage in a hands-on application of standards to real world experiences. By making connections between STEM-based curriculum students will become enthusiastic towards learning; both inside and outside the classroom. Through internal support from the environmental sciences and healthy eating advocacy team, both students and teachers will receive supports, tools and resources to facilitate these learning experiences.
- Community Summer Plot Program
- Teacher Professional Development in Garden-to-Classroom
- Garden Curriculum Resource Library
- Summer Programming (camps, tours, workshops)
Get Involved & Have Fun!
- Students – Join Healthy Eating Advocacy Team (HEAT) which includes students 7-12 to assist with promoting healthy eating, healthy lifestyles and seasonal gardening within the NFCS Community.
- Parents – Volunteer during the planting seasons, host a food demo
or attend a harvest event
- Community – Manage a summer plot or volunteer to help with maintenance
Contact Garden Coordinators & HEAT Advisors
Jessica Thomas – email@example.com
Kelly McMahon – firstname.lastname@example.org